January 2, 2009

Swap Card Preview #4

Ok, this group was the hardest one for me. Wait a minute, no, this was one of the two hardest groups for me. I decided to push myself and attempt to think outside of the box. One of the groups in the Year of Cards swap for Life's Changes and Events. I decided to challenge myself with making a card for the New Home selection. Once I saw the selection I knew I had the perfect stamp set - Papertrey's Boards & Beams (I just love this set). It was just going to be a matter design.

Well, here it is:
I knew I wanted to cut the house and the trees out. So I did that and then I started to play with the design. My master design was to make the house look like it was on about 5 acres of land. That would be my dream!!! I tore the Baja Breeze and sponged it with Whisper White to make it look like the sky line with clouds.


My only hope is that everyone who will be receiving this card will love it.

Recipe -- Stamps: PTI Boards & Beams -- Paper: Certainly Celery, Baja Breeze, Very Vanilla -- Ink: Pallette Burnt Sienna and Whisper White (Clouds) -- Accessories: Corner Rounder, Copic Markers, and Brads

No comments: