January 6, 2009

Swap Card Preview #6

Here is the last preview for the Year of Cards Swap. This one was a fun group. It was called the Miscellaneous group with the subcategory of Just Because. When I saw this category, my mind first went to the Best Yet hostess set from SU!'s Fall/Winter 2008 Catalog. There is a stamp in there that says "Just Because I Care". Now, after making the masculine cards I needed to go girly with this one and that is exactly what I did.


In my opinion this card epitomizes girly - pink and bling all the way. I combined two sets when making this card - Close as a Memory and Best Yet. I thought the bundle of flowers from the Close as a Memory set worked so well with the design. Now for the bling. I found these "crystals" with a sticky back at Wal-Mart before they discontinued their huge craft and fabric sections in the stores around me. they are so cute if you want to add just a little bit if bling to a card and like I said they are already sticky on the back. No more glue!!! Again, I hope everyone how gets this card will enjoy it.


Recipe -- Stamps: Close as a Memory, Best Yet -- Paper: Whisper White, Regal Rose, Pink Pirouette, Sweet Always DSP -- Ink: Regal Rose, Garden Green -- Accessories: Markers, Taffeta Whisper White, Crystals

1 comment:

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

Stephanie - this is such a pretty card - I do love the colors. Have a great day !!