January 25, 2009

Valentine's Day Basket

I have to admit that I have not been stamping much lately. This DRP paper that I have to do this quarter is starting to eat up all my time. A minimum of 50 pgs does not sound like a lot. Wish me luck as I attempt to finish this by the end of March. Enough with the excuses lets get to the reason why you are here.

I need to give you a little bit of some background information. I am involved in a monthly stamp club. My best friend Jennifer runs the club. I have been recruted as her helper. For the last two months of the previous club (which ended earlier this month) I had been presenting the projects. Now with the new catalog and a new club we decided to split the 6 months and alternate everyother meeting. So, for this upcoming club I am incharge of the meetings in the beginning of March, April, and June. The sad thing is that I alread have the main non-card ideas picked out and designed for my three club dates.

This project, a Valentine's Day Basket, was created for the club we had earlier this month. Jennifer and I figured with the Love You Much promotion that was going on through SU! that we needed to focus on those items. This basket was made using the Big Shot and the Basket and Blooms die. Another reason I am helping with the club is the fact that I have the Big Shot. The Big Shot is a blast to use. I absolutely love all the projects you can create with it. Lately I have been more into the 3-D items then cards. And that will be proven more with the other ideas I have for the next three clubs. You will just have to wait and see what they will be.




Recipe -- Stamps: Love You Much -- Paper: Very Vanilla and Candy Lane DSP -- Ink: Riding Hood Red -- Accessories: Bis Shot, Basket and Blooms Die, Scallop Punch,
Pink Pirouette reinker, Blender Pen, Linen Thread

No comments: