January 5, 2009

Swap Card Preview #5

MASCULINE cards are the hardest ones for me to make. As I said before, it is hard for me to get out of the girly mode of card making to make a masculine themed ones. I think this one came out very well. This design is the one I will be using for my Dad's, husband's, and grandfather's birthday cards this year.

Here it is the dreaded (not really) Masculine card for the Year of Cards swap:

Once I signed up for the masculine category, I was in panic mode to find some designer paper that was not golf related. I had a golf stamp set (my dad loves to golf) at one time and made argyle shirts to put on the card. So, that was the only masculine paper that I had and it was not going to go with the design I was picturing. I scoured the Internet to find some paper and I finally found it through Scrap Simply Called Cosmo Cricket "Wanted" and used the "Doc Holliday" pieces. My next step was to make the image look like it belonged on a masculine card. I roughed the edges of the cardstock up with my scissors and them used Cat's Eye Chalk to add the edge detail. Not to toot my horn that much, but I have to say that I am pretty impressed at the job I did with this card.

Recipe -- Stamps: For Father -- Paper: Chocolate Chip, Really Rust, Very Vanilla, Wanted DSP -- Ink: Black -- Accessories: Markers, Jumbo Eyelets, 5/8 Grosgrain Chocolate Chip Ribbon

No comments: