December 26, 2008

SCS LSC200 Challenge

Today's challenge through splitcoast was to design a card that had nothing to do with Christmas, Santa's, Snowflakes, etc. So, I decided since I have a few male birthdays that are coming up soon, I needed to get some practice with making the cards. Male cards are one of the hardest ones for me to make. I always want to put a bow or something girly on the card. And male colors what are those. All I have to say is thank goodness Stampin Up! actually had some designer paper in the catalog this year that was more masculine in design and color. I have stocked up on this paper.

Enough rambling - here is the card I designed for the challenge. I had to catch my self from tying a bow in the thread used on the side. I also tried to keep from having clean cut lines with the apples. The rough torn look just looks more masculine to me. This is just a first pass with trying to get into the masculine card grove.

Recipe:
Stamps: SU For Father
Paper: SU Kraft, Aways Artichoke, Very Vanilla, Manchester DSP
Ink: Palette Burnt Sienna
Accessories: SU Linen Thread and Copic markers

No comments: